The engines act as the heart of your car and so, it is very crucial to maintain and keep them clean. Every engine attracts dirt and particles during the combustion process which can damage your car’s engine to great extent. To prevent this from happening and to keep your car engine clean, oil filters are used.
The Oil filters screen out all the dirt and particles and prevent it from entering into the car’s engine.
As these are a very important part for the protection of your engine, you must make sure to use the best oil filter for your car. Selection of best oil filter may be difficult because of the large variety of the oil filters available in the market. But you must make sure to use the most suitable oil filters for your car. Do consider the following best 10 Oil filters, it may help you to select the best oil filter for your car.
What is in oil filter?
The Oil filters are made of several mechanical components like tapping plate, filter medium, pleats, center steel tube, retainer etc. for the purpose of keeping your car’s engine safe from any dirt or harmful material. Oil filters clean any contamination present in the oil before it enters the engine of the car.
Oil filters of cars are of many types depending upon the type of your car. The oil filter can be a high-performance filter or Synthetic/Microglass filter for any other type of filter. Different types of Oil filters functions differently and so it is very important to select the correct type of oil filter for your type of car.
- Oil Filter Comparison:
- Top 10 Best oil filters for synthetic oil & Review guide
- Purolator PL10241 PureONE Oil Filter
- WIX Filters – 51348 Spin-On Lube Filter
- Royal Purple 10-2835 Extended Life Oil Filter
- K&N KN-123 Kawasaki High-Performance Oil Filter
- ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter
- Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter
- Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter
- Mann-Filter HU 816 X Metal-Free Oil Filter
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter
- FRAM PH4967 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter
- Oil filter Buying Guide
Oil Filter Comparison:
|10||Purolator PL10241 PureONE Oil Filter||Check Price|
|9||WIX Filters - 51348 Spin-On Lube Filter||Check Price
|8||Royal Purple 10-2835 Extended Life Oil Filter||Check Price
|7||K&N KN-123 Kawasaki High-Performance Oil Filter||Check Price
|6||ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter||Check Price
|5||Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter||Check Price
|4||Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter||Check Price
|3||Mann-Filter HU 816 X Metal-Free Oil Filter||Check Price
|2||Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter||Check Price
|1||FRAM PH4967 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter||Check Price
Top 10 Best oil filters for synthetic oil & Review guide
Purolator PL10241 PureONE Oil Filter
Purolator PL10241 PureONE Oil Filter is a gold color filter with good quality of filtration. It has Silicone Anti-Drain Back Valve which is very useful for better protection of car engine during the startup. It has more filter area to avoid the oil restrictions, which results in better protection. This oil filter is a great quality product with good working efficiency, making it a good filter for your car.
- It is an affordable filter with great quality.
- It is easy to place and remove the filter due to less friction.
- It can be used with the synthetic oil.
- It has very good and attractive design.
- It can work with high-efficiency for the duration of about 3 months.
- Shipping is available only in U.S., not internationally.
- May cause some noise issues.
- Not preferred for high-performance engines.
- It has a low density of filter.
WIX Filters – 51348 Spin-On Lube Filter
WIX Filters – 51348 Spin-On Lube Filter is a very popular and trusted oil filter for the protection of the car’s engine. This filter uses the Spin-on technique for cleaning of the oil. WIX has many more type oil filters with good quality of the efficiency, but – 51348 Spin-On Lube Filter is the mostly used for the car engines and it is one of the best selling products of the company.
- It has very high durability.
- It is more convenient to work with this filter.
- It has an affordable price.
- Might have some size issues.
- Comparatively less efficiency of the filter.
- It is not eligible for international shipping.
Royal Purple 10-2835 Extended Life Oil Filter
Royal Purple 10-2835 Extended Life Oil Filter comes with a good brand name. It uses high-performance silicon and is built using ultra strength filter technology. This filter is of great quality and has excellent performance for almost every type of car engine.
- It has very high durability with high resistance to internal pressure in the filter.
- It has an anti-drain back valve which prevents the engine from dry startups.
- Is has a great efficiency of filtration.
- It has a high price and hence it is not affordable.
- May not fit in some cars.
K&N KN-123 Kawasaki High-Performance Oil Filter
K&N KN-123 Kawasaki High-Performance Oil Filter can block up to 99% of the impurities from entering into your car’s engine. It has uniform pleats and has high efficiency of the medium. This filter has good durability and can perform with high efficiency to filter the dirt.
- It is an affordable product with a decent quality.
- It can work with both synthetic and conventional oils.
- It can be used for high oil flow rates.
- The metal mesh can be cleaned and reused.
- It is not very good aesthetically.
- It may cause some size issues.
ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter
ACDelco PF2232 Professional Engine Oil Filter is a great product for the cleaning and protection of the car engine. The filter is provided with a thermosetting cohesive seal. It has an aluminum shell which offers much higher burst threshold to the filter.
This oil filter is one of the best products for your car engine as it has both quality and affordability.
- It has an affordable price.
- It offers very high filtration efficiency.
- It can be used for a wide range of vehicles.
- It can work at high temperatures.
- It doesn’t fit in some of the 4wd trucks.
Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter
Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter is a great product with a lot to offer to keep your car engine safe and maintained. It has a good quality pressure release valve which prevents the harmful oil from circulating back into the car’s engine.
It has a steel case and an efficient filter media is provided for good filtration of the oil. The Engine wear and tear is minimized by the use of screening technology, which filters all the sand and dirt particles.
- It has high efficiency of filtration.
- It is very durable.
- It is very economical and offers a good quality for low price.
- The steel case design is very aesthetical.
- It may not fit in some cars.
Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter
Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter is one of the best products available in the market. Bosch has a good brand value in the production of oil filters and Bosch 3330 Premium FILTECH Oil Filter is also a great product offered by the company.
It uses the FILTECH mechanism to filter the maximum impure particles. It offers a leak free canister making it more durable than the other products.
It has a silicone anti-drain back valve which is crucial to guarantee the supply of only clean oil to the engine.
- It has very impressive cleaning efficiency.
- It has an attractive and modern design.
- It is a leak free oil filter.
- A strong steel base plate offers good strength to the oil filter.
- It is not good for every car engine.
- It can be difficult to remove the filter.
Mann-Filter HU 816 X Metal-Free Oil Filter
Mann-Filter HU 816 X Metal-Free Oil Filter has an excellent quality of filtration and cleaning the oil. The Mann-Filter is a famous company in the oil filter industry, which has many great oil filters in the market. One of those great filters is the Mann-Filter HU 816 X Metal-Free Oil Filter. The plot structure of this filter offers a good surface area of the filter to be really effective throughout the working duration.
- It is an affordable filter with high efficiency.
- It has very high dirt and impurities holding capacity.
- This filter is easy to place and remove.
- It may not fit some of the vehicles.
- There might be some minor issues with the gasket of the filter.
Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter
Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter has reached the second position in this list because of a number of factors making it a much better choice than the other filters. It has a silicone anti-drain back valve which prevents any internal leaks in the filter. This filter has synthetic fibers, making it much more durable and providing much more cleaner oil after the filtration.
- It has double efficiency in trapping the impurities in comparison to the similar products.
- It prevents the dry startup.
- It can handle much more normal system operating pressure.
- It is very good for high-performance engines.
- It is a little overpriced in comparison to similar products.
FRAM PH4967 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter
FRAM PH4967 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter had made it on the top of our list due to several reasons. It is the best available oil filter available in the market. It offers a magnificent quality for the right price. It has a balance dirt holding and dirt trapping efficiency, which makes it much better than the other products. This oil filter can be used by a large variety of car engines. It is very cheap and offers much better quality than a lot of other filters with higher prices.
- It can protect your car’s engine for about 5000 miles travel distance.
- It has a grip surface feature.
- This filter is one of the cheapest products with the best quality.
- It is easy to install and remove.
- Good customer service is offered by the company.
- It has smaller filter area.
Oil filter Buying Guide
Before selecting any oil filter, make sure to go through all of the points mentioned in the buying guide to select the most suitable product for your car’s engine.
- Type of your car engine: Before selecting any oil filter, you must know your car’s engine type. There are various types of oil filters which depend upon the type of the engine. The working and performance of the oil filter are different for different types of car engines.
So before choosing any oil filter, make sure to know which type of oil filter does your car’s engine requires.
- Size of the filter: The most important factor while selecting an oil filter is the size of the filter. If the filter won’t fit in your car, then it’s not worth spending money on it. Most of the people get the wrong size filter which would not fit in their car.
So you must make sure to check the size of the filter before buying it.
- Quality of filter: The quality of the oil filters depends upon various factors like the durability, the cleaning efficiency and the design of the filter etc.
So, to choose the best quality filter, you must make sure to check all of these factors affecting the quality of the filter.
- Budget for the oil filter: With the large variety of oil filters available in the market, a large variation in the cost of the similar product is observed.
So, you must decide upon a budget for the oil filter before beginning the search for the right filter.
- Filter’s capture efficiency: The dirt catching efficiency of the filter is also a factor which should affect your selection of the right oil filter. Select the filter depending on the efficiency of cleaning required for your car engine.
- Warranty of the filters: The filters are mechanical parts and so the warranty of an oil filter becomes an important factor which must be considered before buying an oil filter.
ConclusionFRAM PH4967 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter is the best filter if you are looking for great quality and a reasonable price. It has a great design with a lot to offer at very low rates. This filter has good durability.
If you are looking for a good filter with a small budget, then FRAM PH4967 Extra Guard Passenger Car Spin-On Oil Filter must be your choice.